“When we hold secrets [or pretend], we create shame. And being ashamed is like a veil that covers your entire life. Let go of the secret and release the shame.” Be free my friends. 03 October 2012 was my day. xx K
Ugh. Tired. I’m clearly not getting enough sleep – I sleep for about 5 hours on average everyday and it’s starting to take its toll on my body. I’m always tired and I always have a headache. Work is hectic at the moment (which is expected, so I’m not complaining) but wanting to deliver high quality work at a pressurized time eventually causes one to burn out. So, from tomorrow I’m calling it a wrap! All work and no play is making Koodzi a dull boy so I’m going to confine work to the work hours and keep after-work hours strictly for play. Boundaries need to be set people, boundaries need to be set!
First thing I’m doing is going to watch a live band (at Wolves in Illovo – I hear it’s a fantastic venue) tomorrow and try out a great new Thai food restaurant (next door to Wolves). I also want to get my guitar back out, write some songs, work on my vision board and just hang out with friends. “Only you are responsible for your life” – Mama Winfrey.
Such a life changing realization on my part, especially with the upcoming major life choices I have to make. This is it: only you are responsible for changing your life and making it better! That’s a little nugget of wisdom for Oprah’s Lifeclass. As Glinda the Good Witch says in the Wizard of Oz, “You don’t need to be helped any longer. You’ve always had the power…you’ve always had it“. That means that it doesn’t matter what someone did or what they didn’t do in your past (especially your parents – lots of people I know love to blame their parents), you need to understand that your life is in your hands. Only you have the power to change your life. Boom!
Apparently it’s simple according to Mama Winfrey. Newton had it all along. His 3rd law: Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. That means that every thought that you think, every bit of energy that you exert and everything you truly believe about yourself is already on it’s way back to you. So, think the right things and put out the right energy. Boom!
Such a weird day. I came across three sayings that were all saying the same thing. Clearly there is something that the “energy flow” is trying to tell me. It went a lil’ something like this:
1. “This above all, to your own self be true” – William Shakespeare
2. “Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference” – Robert Frost
3. “There is no blueprint, make your own blueprint” – Jay Z
The Universe. x.
For the first time in about 8 years, I have no idea what I will be doing in the coming year. I have to make a decision. It’s scary and confusing but also exciting/extremely liberating at the same time. I don’t exactly know what I will do next year (I would like to figure it out soon) but I do know this:
1. Intention. My aim is to live on purpose. Not figuring out my purpose means that I’m just wandering around here and wasting time. So done with that!
2. Passion. Following may passions will lead me to my purpose. My key passions are music, positively disruptive business ideas, soul upliftment and being involved in other people’s passion projects. This is who I am.
3. Fearless. Tony Robbins: Sometimes we want the fear so that we don’t step out into the unknown. That is an excuse.