2NE1 is baaaaack! Yayness!
SISTAR is back y’all. Hyorin’s sexiness, Bora’s sassiness, Dasom’s cuteness and Soyu’s……I don’t know. Loving the new concept. Here is my reaction:
Y’all know I love me some K-Pop and my 2nd fave group after SNSD is SHINee. Here is my bias list.
What’s the order of your SHINee bias list?
Just a little something I worked on after work today. Was feeling a weird so had to release. Still in demo form but I like it. Thoughts?
This is how you do it! From the studio to the stage. Super talent. Hyorin is amazing! Really, she it. The moves, the vocals…I predict that she will be around for a long long time. Start video at 2:11 for Gone Not Around Any Longer.
I love me some SISTAR19. Hyorin’s vocals are as amazing and as smooth as usual. To me, she is the dark horse diva of K-Pop. Bora and Hyorin look so sexy! Those legs. Great comeback! The performances are sure set to slay!
“When I was just a girl I wore a thousand lives,
Heading on a search for the thing that makes me feel alright…”
It’s rare that I find a song that fills me with emotion that I can’t explain. Ms Knowles’ “Locked In Closets” is a gem from he solid EP called “True”. The 80′s inspired sparse instrumentation, her gorgeous voice and the sense that you can feel the air in the room where this song was recorded makes this song hit me in spots I don’t quite know how to articulate. For me, the song is filled with loss, hope, melancholy, nostalgia, peace and maturity all in one situation. Nicely done.
For me, the week has been long, the people have been tiring and the days have been draining. However, you’ve got to get up and try again. This is life. The daily small, somewhat insignificant, moments make up the day and make up your life. So enjoy it, live hard, try hard, go all the way in on this life thing. YOLO may be overdone but seriously, you do only ever live once. Go forth…at least give it a try. K. xx.
Yaaaas! She is back! She killed her comeback performances with Taemin and Yunho. Ultimate K Pop Queen!
Lord knows I love me some Girls’ Generation! Everything they do is just too much for me so I was more than excited when the music video for the new Japanese single (Paparazzi) dropped on the inter webs today. Here are some of my thoughts:
1. Tiffany was giving me straight up diva heat with her strut and hot sunglasses for the intro when the nine angels are walking into the venue/lobby area. The fashions were crazy fly! Thank you.
2. No expense was spared by SM Entertainment…at all. I love it – it’s everything my superstars deserve. They veered away from the usual set-based only affair to something with a bit more edge. I like.
3. That Hollwood replica set! Yes! I mean, who else in K Pop does that?!? Only the number one girl group in the game. Yes!
4. Queen Hyoyeon was beyond fierce and fresh…she’s the epitome of everything with that hair and those dance moves – especially in the breakdown! Sunny’s vintage-inspired striped tights are so hot. Life giving! I love Sooyoung but damn booboo, maybe a cheeseburger or something…too thin…too thin.
5. There’s no real narrative in the clip but who cares, they all look so flawless and they’re dancing like their long legs depends on it! I’m already slightly shaking from the excitement of seeing them perform the cut live and executing the amazing moves to perfection.
Overall: Job well done! Job well done! Sone for life! Ps. What does “ra ta ta” mean…Tiffany sings it so nicely!
In my family, I’m the outlier. The weird one with the weird tastes and the weird fashions. Not that I’m crazy or something, I’ve just been a little out of sync with everyone else. As I’ve grown older I’ve become to really love this about myself. I can now see very clearly that being a little different is much more interesting that going with what everyone else is doing.
This has also filtered into my work life where people think I’m a little odd, lol. I’ve 90% decided on what I will do next year and every time I tell people at work what my plans/thoughts are, the common reaction is that they can’t understand why I would do something that is not on the safe and beaten track. My answer is always: “what’s the worst that could happen? – I could hate it and just do something else”. I am young, smart and ready. So yes, I will take the long road, the lesser known road and see what this world has to offer me. Here’s to the brave ones.
“I could never follow…
I’ve been a long time gone now
Maybe someday, someday I’m gonna settle down
But I’ve always found my way somehow
By taking the long way
…taking the long way around”